Beyonce has a way of making me wanna get off my ass and move.
Girls, we run this motha’.
… also I will one day dance this awesomely. Maybe hah ;)
Breakfast time! Low-carb style :D
- Half an avocado
- homemade salsa (tomato, cilantro, onion, lime juice, hot sauce)
- 2 eggs, scrambled with:
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon of homemade garlic basil butter
- 1 oz sharp cheddar
450 calories and 9 carbs total!
It’s been 10 days. Low carb eating. Under 50g a day.
1. I’ve lost 8 pounds
2. No sluggishness anymore
3. More alert, more energy!
4. Clothing is fitting better around my midsection!
1. Going out to eat with friends is difficult when they all get mashed potatoes or pile on the bread
2. My usual Saturday large-ass croissant is no longer in my rotation. This, so far, is my biggest craving.
3. The no-carb flu, from days 3-5. I felt really tired, shaky, and was intensely emotional. Seriously, I literally cried.. .
Day 1 of Low Carbiness: Cauliflower pizza
1 cup grated cauliflower (can also use ricer, blender, or dice up super fine)
1 large egg
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Sargento skim mozzerella)
pinch of salt
1/2 tablespoon flavorings (i used garlic powder and pepper)
Preheat oven to 425, grease baking sheet with nonstick spray
- mix all ingredients together, then smush into baking sheet so that it has an even thickness
- bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are browning and lookin’ crispy
- remove from oven, put on toppings (I used 1.5 oz sharp cheddar, mushrooms, spinach, and caramelized onions) *can use some tomato sauce, but use sparingly as this ups the carbs!
- bake for another 10 minutes or so, until cheese is melty and bubbling!
approximate nutrition: 435 calories, 8 g carbs (not bad right?!)
Oh carbs. We have such a special relationship, you and I. We’ve been together from the very beginning. But I have come to the realization that we are just seeing far too much of each other. And because of you, there is more of me to see.
So things need to change, carbs. We can see each other a little bit, every so often, in small doses, but it can’t be a free for all party with sleep overs and drunken hangovers anymore.
So this is it. The day it all changes. I know, I’ll have withdrawals. I will kick and scream. I will want to bake biscuits at midnight (because, let’s face it, I’ve done that before). But I know this sluggishness, fatigue, gross bloatedness will disappear. And please, do not take it personally when I reject you. I must go overboard in my denial of your existence, or I will come crawling back.
I recently started doing “Zombies, Run!” and my god does it motivate you! Nothing makes you run faster quite like hearing the moans of the living dead gradually getting closer. I’ve run some of my fastest 5k times EVER.
Will do this! Gotta get back on the zombie horse!